Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Mission to the Mountain

SO hears the deal. Yesterday I documented the different stages of my day and have complied them into this… ENJOY!

Goodbye Ontario
So right now it is like 6:30 am on June 12th and I’m sitting in the Hamilton Ariport waiting for my flight to board in like 15 minutes. I tried to eat breakfast but that wasn’t happening. Way to many things going through my head right now. Like seriously, I’m leaving all my friends to go somewhere I know absolutely no one (until Whit and Katie get out here…HURRY!!) but I also know this is going to be one hell of an adventure!
Well Time to board the plane… catch you guys from the Left Coast!

Alright… time for entry numero deux!
So I’m sitting on the plane on the way to Calgary and I can’t help but notice this stupid little screen in front of me. The damn thing says I’m going 487mph at 40125ft. Wow I wish my car could go that fast. Speaking of cars, I noticed that gas hit a buck even today; glad I’m not going to be around to pay for that shit!
This is also the best flight I’ve ever been on. My mom was nice enough to pay the extra 15 bucks of my flight so I could sit in the emergency row. I chose the window seat, which means that I’m pretty much sitting in a lounge chair. NO seat in front of me at all! Its great, especially with my gangly legs!
I can’t see ay mountains out the window yet but I’m going to assume by the little map thingy that tells me how fast we are going I should start to see them shortly. I’m going to have to make friends with the mountains because, well, for a bit I’m not going to have anyone else to talk to…

Arrival…
So I got into Calgary about 20 minutes early and the weather is amazing. I found some wireless Internet in the airport but not enough to make a post. The bus ride to Banff was interesting. I’m pretty sure my driver had some sort of weird twitch because he kept nodding his hear erratically. The bus I was on could have taken about 20-25 people. However, there was only one other guy who works in fort McMurry and goes to Banff to see his girl friend on his days off. He was pretty entertaining. His terrible grammar and failure to pluralize most of his words was mildly entertaining. Anyway… I finally got into the mountains. Banff is a wicked little town and sooooooo amazingly beautiful.


Lunch Time
So it is like 2:15 (4:15 for you folks to the east) here in Banff and I’m sitting at a nice little bar enjoying a Kokanee and burger. I’ve spent a few hours here in Banff and so far and all I can say s that it is amazing here. Surrounded by a bunch of mountains, the main street, Banff Ave, is packed with people and it is a beautiful day. I was surprised to find a street wear store that carries a lot of the same stuff we do at loop. But, loop is way better atmosphere and set up (yea I’m tooting my own horn). Well it looks like about time to sit and enjoy this delicious beer and burger. Next stop… Panorama!

Bus to Invermere
Ok so I lied! The next stop isn’t Panorama. I have to make a stop in Invermere. Right now I’m on the bus on my way there from Banff. I seriously don’t have the vocabulary to describe the scenery. The roads are lined with mountains. Some snowcapped and grey, others green, some both! A lot of mountains around here are scarred with the signs of forest fire. All the tall trees are wilted and grey while other much smaller trees are bright green and full of life. It’s a pretty amazing contrast seeing them side-by-side. All right folks time for my first shout out. It goes to the one and only Mr. Tyler Bowa. Being the best photographer I personally know I wish you were here to capture a rainbow with snowcapped mountains behind it. I couldn’t even get a decent picture with my camera through the bus window but Mr. Bowa could have made it a masterpiece. Well my mission is getting closer to an end. I’ll keep you posted!

In Pano!
Holy Crap finally here! So I saw a bear and a family on mountain goats on the side of the road, which was super cool! I’m currently sitting in my kitchen of the place I’ll be living for the next 10ish weeks. It was still light when I got here but I haven’t had a chance to explore. I’m so tired… all I want to do is sleep. I just want to make sure I get this done so I can post it on the interweb in the morning. Alright… time to unpack my sheets and blanket and get some rest… FINALLY! Oh yea its 1:10am in Ontario…

Oh I forgot my camera cord so I will add pictures when I get it sent here!

cheers... Keep it real

Nibs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit