Tuesday, March 31, 2009

G's 15 Essential Albums.

If you don't have them. Please do, even if you don't think you will like them or have some sort of misconception about them. Some are new (within two years) and one goes back to the 80s *smiths*. I have put in two albums from both M83 and Why? as I when I was listening to them deciding which one to put in this list, well, I couldn't decide, and I felt that if I left one out, I would instead be putting a worse album in this list for the sake of not having repeated artists.

Think about this list in this regard. A few of these albums I haven't listened to in a few months, but the fact is, if I was going to be stranded somewhere and I could only have 15 albums...these would still be them.

While these days, my music taste may vary broadly, and I do have some music snobicidal (yeah, I just made a word. what what!) tendencies, there still are some main stream albums which will always strike a chord within me (pun intended).

Anyway. These are albums that I like every song on, not just one track. I have some songs in my library that individually may be as strong or stronger than many tracks on these albums, but the album in its entirety probably wasn't up to snuff.

I may post comments about each album later, but for now. I will just be listing, and in no particular order.


1. The Notwist - Neon Golden

2. Silversun Pickups - Carnavas

3. Minus the Bear - Highly Refined Pirates

4. Why? - Elephant Eyelash

5. Why? - Alopecia

6. M83 - Before the Dawn Heals Us

7. M83 - Saturdays = Youth

8. Incubus - Make Yourself

9. The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

10. Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours

11. Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

12. Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts

13. The Smiths - Meat is Murder

14. Sigur Ros - Takk...

15. Deftones - White Pony


-G. (was going to put up album covers, but back to essay writing instead)

1 comment:

  1. i can't believe you missed it...

    well looks like i have to post!

    ReplyDelete

 

fleet lawsuit