Sunday, March 8, 2009

Snow, Shoes and Sound.

First and foremost, losing an hour of sleep sucks. Especially when you are sleep deprived.

So, after a perfectly clear past few days, the snow really started coming down late this afternoon. If snow could come down torrentialy (I know, not a word), that's what it was doing. Wasn't sticking to the ground too much, but that's gotta be due to the insanely nice weather as of late. C'mon Spring.

Secondly, while Jay is fussing about his Kanye shoes, I am going to pay far more interest to these Nike's designed for street cycling (fixies and road bikes using toe clips). They are the City Tiempo and they've got a stiffer sole and some reinforced areas. I had a pair of these when I was really young for indoor soccer as that was their original use before they were just revamped for this purpose.

Thirdly, These are the Nixon Wire headphones and while I have never had any issues with Nixon products before, but don't buy these, they are lame. Sure, they have great build quality,look the part and are backed up by decent sized drivers, but in order to get any type of bass response you have to have them jammed so far into your ears it is uncomfortable, and then they still fall out. Clearly I am not a fan.

On the other hand, everybody has a pair of SkullCandy's these days, and there is a reason for that, if you don't own a pair, do yourself a favour and join the trend, they definitely have the best sound and bang for your buck in this price range.

I have yet to try Nixon's newly released DJ style headphones, so I will hold my judgment on those. In the meantime, these Grado SR80s I have had for over a year now, may not be the prettiest nor the comfiest, but the sound they output is head over heals beyond anything else I have used that is under $200.

Lastly, the Cure are still kickin' it after all these years. Check it. The Cure - Only One.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet lawsuit